Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Date of construction somes monuments of Paris


 In the order, from the top to bottom and left to right;
 the square of Vosges, the Saint-Martin canal or Ourcq canal, the Sorbonne.












Arc de Triomphe, Square of  Etoile:
Date of construction, the first half of the 19th century in 1806, 1814, 1824, 1836, architect Jean-François CHALGRIN. State property since 1896: Historical Monument, ranked by order of 6 February 1896. sculptors: J.f Rude, Cortot, Pradier, Lemaire, Etex, Marochetti, Seurre Gabriel et Charles, Valois.

 © Monuments historiques, 1992



The squares of Paris:

* The square of la Concorde:

Date of construction, second half 18th century, first half 19th century in 1757, 1772, 1836, 1840, architect Hittorff,  Jacques Ignace.
Owned by the municipality in 1937, ranked MH.
Place de la Concorde so that it is bounded by the Ministry of the Navy, Coislin Hotels, du Plessis-Bellière, Cartier and Crillon, the Champs Elysees, the Seine and the Jardin des Tuileries, with its soil, its fountains , its statues, small houses formerly called turrets, balustrades, its rostral columns and lamps: classification by order of 23 March 1937 on the World Heritage List.

© Historical monuments, 1992. Ministry of the Culture (France), Médiathèque de l'architecture et du patrimoine (archives photographiques) diffusion RMN





* The square of des Vosges :
Property of Paris since 1954, classified MH in 1975.

© Historical monuments, 1992. Ministry of the Culture (France), Médiathèque de l'architecture et du patrimoine (archives photographiques) diffusion RMN


* The square of Odéon:
Historical Monument, the ground, property of Paris since 1948

© Monuments historiques, 1992.



* The square of Victoires:
Date of construction, fourth quarter 17th century, architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart (architect) communal property since 1962/11/08: MH classified soil: rank order of 8 November 1962.

© Historic Monuments, 1992 Ministry of Culture (France), Media Architecture and Heritage (photographic archives) diffusion RMN



The gates of Paris:

For exemple, la porte (gate) saint Denis:
Date of construction, 3rd quarter 17th century,1672, architect Blondel François. Proporty of France and ranked since 1862.

© Historic Monuments, 1992 Ministry of Culture (France), Media Architecture and Heritage (photographic archives) diffusion RMN


Rectory:

Le presbytére (rectory) Saint-Sulplice: adress, 50 rue de Vaugirard, date of construction, 18th century. Communal property since 1926/03/16.

© Historic Monuments, 1992. Ministry of Culture (France), Media Architecture and Heritage (photographic archives) diffusion RMN


Le presbytére (rectory) Saint-Germain des près: adress, 3 - 5 place Saint-Germain-des-Prés, date of construction, 1er quater of 18th century, year 1715 ; 1717.  Communal property and grading since 1980.

© Historic Monuments, 1992. Ministry of Culture (France), Media Architecture and Heritage (photographic archives) diffusion RMN



L'Eglise Sainte Odile: adress, 2 Avenue Stéphane-Mallarmé, date of construction, 2e quart 20e siècle, year 1935, BARGE Jacques (architect) ; LOUTIL Eugène (project owner) ; ROUX-COLAS Anne-Marie (sculptor) ; SUBES Raymond (iron worker) ; DECORCHEMONT François (master glassmarker) ; LABOURET Auguste (master glassmarker) ; BARRIOT Robert (decorator)
The Sainte-Odile is known to all Parisians for its tower 72 meters high, the highest in the capital. Initiated in 1935, the building is attached to the person of Monsignor Eugene Loutil says Peter Hermitte and Cardinal Verdier. Church on the sidelines of sites of the cardinal, it is high thanks to the generosity of the faithful in a district of the Paris suburbs. Jacques Barge, then aged 31, to design a building of domes inspired by Romanesque churches in the west of France and probably indebted to the Church of the Holy Spirit by Paul Tournon, his master. The shape of the plot forced the architect to opt for an asymmetrical plan: one side of the nave is flanked by chapels, the other is wide open with three stained-glass ceiling of François Décorchemont, which implements for first times personal technique molded glass cement-bound. For the church dedicated to Saint Odile, patron saint of Alsace, the architect used an Alsatian sandstone cladding on concrete frame.
 window decoration, sculpture, metalwork communal property; owned by a private company since 2001/05/14.

(c) Historical Monuments, 2001.


The building of Crédit Lyonnais (great bank in France):
Date of construction, 4th quater of 19th century ; 1st quater of 20th century. Ministery of culture (France), Média of architecture and heritage ( photographic archives) RMN.


The Saint-Martin Canal:
Date of construction; 2nd half of the 19th century, opened in 1825, the canal is purchased by the city of Paris in 1861 and has been managed by the Municipal Service Channels. The first bridges were built in 1860, followed by three metal bridges 1890. Nine locks were rebuilt around 1870. Owned by the municipality since 1993. MH registered for all, from the Place Stalingrad (Paris 10th) to the Place de la Bastille (Paris 11th), and the lock called the Bastille, formed by the channel in its indoor and outdoor part (between both carriageways) by gateways Customs, Bichat and Grange-aux-Belles with his turntable and the nine locks (called la Villette, the Dead, the Recollects, the Temple of the Bastille).

  © Historic Monuments, 1993. Ministry of Culture (France), Media Architecture and Heritage (photographic archives) diffusion RMN



Underground Career in Paris:

Paris 14 (District of Paris, Montparnasse), underground career path of Port-Mahon


Fire-house, barrack:

Barrack of Mousquetaires Noirs - Black Musketeers - (ancient, cause destroyed) , in current hospital of Quinze-Vingts (Ophtalmologist center) adress, 26 rue de Charenton.
Date of construction 1st quater 18th Century, year 1699 ; 1701. Architect COTTE Robert, De BEAUSIRE le jeune (master work).   Property of Paris since 1976.

© Historic Monuments, 1992. Ministry of Culture (France), Media Architecture and Heritage (photographic archives) diffusion RMN


Fire-house, 8 rue Mesnil, 75016, date of construction 2nd quater,  20th century, year 1935. Architect MALLET-STEVENS Robert
MARTEL Jan (sculptor)
MARTEL Joël (sculptor)

Only public control architect Rob Mallet-Stevens, and his last major work, the fire brigade Passy (called barracks Dauphine) was built from 1935 to 1937. It is a local facility, the ground floor with a garage for three trucks equipped with electrically operated overhead doors. The first floor was assigned to offices and dormitories, higher floors of housing. The set, made ​​of reinforced concrete, also includes terraces and training course and a stair turret for the suspension of pipes. The arms of the City of Paris over the entrance of the troops are carved by the brothers Jan and Joël Martel. The fire is still used and has undergone some changes in its interior. communal property since 1986/01/22

© Historic Monuments, 1992.





Divers:

* Ancient jail Saint-Lazare:
Become hospital Saint-Lazare 75010, date of construction 1st half 19th century.


* Cemetery of Picpus and former convent of canonesses
Date of construction  17th century, in 19th century it's became the convent of dames du Sacré-coeur, adress, 35, rue de Picpus, 75012 Paris.

Story on cemetery: the cemetery of Picpus is toward the 35 rue de Picpus, on the terrain of couvent des Dames du Sacré-Cœur,  it's now open to the visit. 1306 persons beheaded during the terror (june-july 1794) there where buried (Terror  is a period shot against the French Revolution).


* The manufacture des gobelins:
Date of construction 2nd half of 17th century siècle ; 18e siècle ; 3rd quater of 19th century ; 1st quater of 20th century.


© Historic Monuments, 1992. Ministry of Culture (France), Media Architecture and Heritage (photographic archives) diffusion RMN



* La Sorbonne:
Date of construction  17th, 19th and 20th century.

© Historic Monuments, 1992. Ministry of Culture (France), Media Architecture and Heritage (photographic archives) diffusion RMN



* Cimetery of  East say  Père-Lachaise cimetery :
Date of construction  19th, 1st quater of 20th century.

© Historic Monuments, 1992. Ministry of Culture (France), Media Architecture and Heritage (photographic archives) diffusion RMN


* Palais du Louvre et jardin des Tuileries:
Date of construction 12th, 16th, 17th, 19th century.


© Historic Monuments, 1992. Ministry of Culture (France), Media Architecture and Heritage (photographic archives) diffusion RMN




* Enclosure of the city of paris, enclosure of Philippe-Auguste :
Date of construction  4th quater of 12th century and 1st quater of 13th century.


The enclosure built between 1190 and 1220 during the reign of Philippe Auguste, was a veritable wall including a walkway, battlements, fortified gates. With a length of 2800 meters on the right side and 2600 meters on the left bank, with a thickness of 3 to 6 meters at the base and a height of 9 meters, the wall was protected by a tower 14 meters high built about every 70 meters. The defense of the west side was provided by the feudal Louvre Philip Augustus from his personal fund. The city will pay the cost of the enclosure itself. The rampart, very robust, included two thick parallel walls filled with small stones and mortar.

 Rabelais, will died  in paris in 1553.

The enclosure, which included probably 33 laps on the right bank, were drilled six doors,  Baudet (Saint- Antoine), vieilles-du-Temple, Saint-Martin, Saint-Denis, Saint-Honoré and a final between the Louvre and the Seine.


* Jean sans peur tower (enclosure of paris):, Adress, 20, rue Etienne-Marcel

Who wants to look for a treasure weapon of his shovel, his pick, and forward. Here he then digging in the vicinity of castles, old trees, cemeteries.
In Paris, there is yet an unknown treasure, instead of being holed up six feet underground, spreads ... on top of a staircase. Better, this treasure is itself within another treasure too long ignored: the tower Jean sans Peur. Careful record! It remains to this day the only vestige of medieval civil construction remaining in Paris.



As for the treasure in the treasure ... Within the tower, the main staircase (a spiral staircase) is wound around a core of stone, which ends on the branches of a petrified tree, cut out instead. A unique masterpiece in France.
A tree? Or rather three intertwined: hops, symbol of John the Fearless. Oak, symbol of his father, Philip the Bold. Hawthorn, a symbol of his mother, Margaret of Flanders.
Hard to little effect: in 1419, John the Fearless was murdered by a shot too ... a coup d'Armagnac, of course.





Read more....

Paris 360°
http://www.paris-360.com/

Tourism Office of Paris
http://www.parisinfo.com/visiter-a-paris/monuments

Ministry of the culture
http://www.culture.gouv.fr/culture/inventai/patrimoine/






















No comments: