Association "An historic and touristic Path of Ile-de-France region".
The association aims to cataloged, to make discover, to make know somes historic and touristic chapters of the Ile-de-France region, like the great and Royal Castles, the Lordly Castles, the visitable castles, the Royal Cities, the dungeons .... And another things again...
You can find the website of the Association on ch-et-t.jimdo.com,
and the Bank of Datas and pictures on
Wednesday, 1 May 2013
The remains of Castles, Part I, from Amponville to Houdan
The first castle (the "Old Court") was built in the eighth or ninth century to protect the road to Chartres and the inhabitants of the town. In the eleventh century, a second building was born under the leadership of Lord of the time, Hugues de Gallardon, vassal of the Counts of Chartres who owned the manor of Auneau. It is this time round the dungeon, which was overcome in the sixteenth century a dome and a lantern.
Designed as a large polygonal plan, the castle of the XII century, whose entrance was located in the West, was destroyed. This leaves a door flanked by five circular towers, which once formed an enclosure. It was probably built by Count Mathieu (1090-1151) to replace an earlier wooden structure.
The old feudal castle of Beaumont-sur-Oise is one of the largest in the valley of the Oise. It has a Romanesque keep rectangular flat buttresses twenty-five meters high and five meters wide. It was probably built by Count Mathieu (1090-1151) to replace an earlier wooden structure.
As a military stronghold of meaning, this tower-looking circular dating from XIII century, 11M in diameter located on top of a collinne overlooking the valley of the Seine, is currently part of a garden.
A project is underway, it will focus on the rehabilitation of the castle into an interpretive center of the medieval heritage. Citizens are called on to participate in the renovation with the Heritage Foundation.
A Beynes in the valley of the Mauldre
The municipality of Beynes extends into the valley of the Mauldre, 25 km west of Versailles, at an altitude of 50 m.Le Beynes territory is attached to the abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Prés at the eighth century.
In the twelfth century, from 1181, Beynes becomes the lord of the house of Montfort.
In the fourteenth century, Robert VII of Estouteville had built a castle, Beynes participating in the defense of Paris against the English. (Robert Estouteteville was also provost of the city of Paris and helped with the nobility of Normandy to the liberation of Nancy besieged by Charles the Bold).
- Remains of the castle of Magny Saint-Loup destroyed in 1939, a portal and a gate
The pillars of this grid are characterized by a superposition of protruding stonesaccosted by pilasters upon which large consoles.
- Remain of an entrance of pavilion of Castle of Bélou. This disused pavilion has been built at the bottom of a driveaway leading to the castle. His roof allen of the eighteenth century is tiled of country...
CastleCerny, toOrgemont,before 1750belongedto Jean-FrançoisRollandofChallerange,thenMBMirbeau. It iscommonly knownat that time,the fief ofSt. Peter. Owned by the municipality,the municipaladministrative center(post office, municipal associations,social services,...)
- The Castle of Villiers
In 1450,LouisXIgives,as a fief,CastleVilliersto his barberOlivier LeDaim.
- The mill of Orgemont
A towerknown as"TheMillorgemont" is probably theremnant of thecastle keepOrgemontdating from the16th century,isaformer estateof PierreOrgemont, Chancellor of France.
CastleOrgemontsoldin 1970 to"FutureSocial", an association createdin favorof youngorphans whofarm in 1988.
This medieval town, located ten miles south of Nemours, is nicknamed the "Rocamadour Gâtinais" because of its fortifications clinging to the cliff overlooking the Charcoal and its hanging gardens.
In the Gâtinais, near Nemours, the tower Madeleine
is one of the towers of the wall reinforcement. It goes beyond the wall on which it rests, and its walls at the base, are more than 3 meters thick. With its ramparts, the young dauphin, the future Louis XI, resisted the British occupation.
- La Tour Saint Thugal et Saint-Séverain, la Tour Saint-André
One can still admire the chapel, the recently restored water mill by the Regional Natural Park, the beautiful set of common, the dome houses a rare intact ice, the orangery, lodges guard decorated with bas-reliefs of clay (works of Augustin Pajou, 1784), the bridge-gallery, which was decorated with medieval arch covered arcades in the early nineteenth century. The castle was endow a dungeon 36 m high and 15-20 m in diameter.
The castle town of Chevry still existed in 1629. The fief of the lords of Beauverger passed in the nineteenth century in a Paris notary's name Petit. That of Marsaudière, was owned by a baron of the first empire, former prefect, M. Petit de Beauverger. His son, Edmund, was a member of the Seine and Marne and his descendants still owns the castle and the modern field of Marsaudière in the person of Baron Arthur de Beauverger
Some time ago, "defenses" in a place called "the hill" there was a site and the remains of a castle.
The plans were designed by Jules Hardouin-Mansart for Louis XIV's favorite mistress, Madame de Montespan, was located northeast of Versailles. Built between 1674 and 1680, it is destroyed less than a century later in 1769.
Central square planted with plane trees and decorated with a fountain. Ruins of the ancient castle of the 14th Houssoy (firm): high square tower ** (MH), staircase turret, parapet platform on battlements, gable wall of the old house * (MH) wing machicolated (IMH), farm buildings, pregnant. Remains of the old castle Gesvres-le-Duc *: entrance pavilion (MH) by Francois Mansart 17th, entrance gate with its gate and a moat with their bridges (IMH) gardens
With the Challeau modest in size (30 m square) Fort Challeau, thirteenth and sixteenth century, was probably a lookout post to serve as refuge (included in the Inventory June 17, 1975). The new castle said the Castel Sant'Angelo where there are important bases, was a hunting lodge built by Francis.
Castle Dormelles, there are only few remnants included in the inventory (14 September 1949): towers, moats, walls and roofs of the building common. The pigeon-porch dates from the sixteenth century. The set is called Ferme Saint-Gervais.
Mr Paul Roux, Antique, President of Galeries Georges Petit, acquired in 1908 of a former priory converted mansion. He proceeded to complete its reconstruction in its present form. In 1937, that Mr. Francis Elvinger became owner. Since his death, his son Gilbert succeeded him.
A short distance from the church on the slope of the hill stands the castle Evecquemont. This building is modern.
The old mansion, built by the descendants of Renaud de Gaillonnet however, left few traces to look among the farm buildings adjoining. For many years, the lords of Evecquemont, too cramped in the residence, had begun building a new stately home not far from the old, on the very spot now occupied the castle.
The Royal Castle of Vivier's fourth quarter of the thirteenth century and 14th century MH 1290 1996/10/31. It is in its walls to fill the King Charles VI, whose reason had been shaken, the doctor of the Court began to fashion in France the game of cards. On March 19, 1673 Mary, daughter of Jacques Picot, seigneur du Vivier and Coutevroult Motte, Butler ordinary to the king by marriage, brought the lordship of Vivier and Coutrevoult Francis Bourlamaque. They were the grandparents of Charles François Bourlamaque.
- The Castle of Duc d’Epernon
The Castle has been building in the middle of 17th, he has been classed historic Momnument in 1963.
- The farm of Castle (frotress), dovecote XV, its well and press sandstone
- The Castle of La Salle, there's the farm of Briard type dating of 156th century.
- The Castle of Montaiguillon (commune de Louan sous Montaiguillon en brie)
The important feudal ruins still encircled by walls and beautiful forest in the middle, are the most curious of the Canton of Villiers-Saint-Georges and are among the archaeological treasures of our department.
- Remain of Castle of Houdan, the dungeon(association les amis du donjon de houdan, association, the friends of the dungeon of Houdan)
Remains of ancient fortifications, it was built in the early twelfth century by Amaury III de Montfort, it is a massive tower isolated west of the town, 25 meters high and 16 meters in diameter, flanked by four turrets 4 , 8 m in diameter. It is currently used as a water tower.