The castle of Tremblay-sur-Mauldre was built on the municipality of Tremblay sur Mauldre that is located in the Yvelines department in the Île-de-France.
It was built in the late sixteenth century by Jean Leclerc, the castle was completed by his wife Marie de Lafayette. This last built a postern drawbridge to the castle for safety. One of their son Francis Capuchin made under the name of Father Joseph and became advisor Richelieu. His brother Henry, governor of the Bastille began the work and gives the castle its near present appearance. In the eighteenth century, two low wings back are subjoin. The castle was sold in 1947 in the city of Neuilly-sur-Seine returned private property, it is reused for hotel and leisure activities.
To go to the Castles, the events, the shows, the tourism, the dungeons, the remains,....