The Castle of Pomponne has been build by Robert Arnauld d'Audilly in the municipality of Pomponne, located in Seine-et-Marne department.
This building possesses ditches, ponds and gardens designed by Le Nôtre. A few years before the Revolution, it is in poor condition. Its owner, the farmer-general Louis Mathieu Le Bas Courmont, was guillotined in 1794. In the second half of the nineteenth century, the domain comes alive with the Dreux family and work continued by son in law, Albert Dumez. In 1914, the castle hosts a 'deposit lame'. It is also used in May and June 1918 interviews between Georges Clemenceau, the French civil and military allies and lead to the final victory. Since 1945, the castle serves as the cantonment CRS 4.
To go to the Castles, the events, the shows, the tourism, the dungeons, the remains,....