The original fortress was a royal building, dating back perhaps the tenth century. He is nicknamed "Castle and Royal Garden St. Louis" or "Castle of the White Queen", a tribute to its founder and because of the frequent visits of Blanche of Castile. The future Philip IV goes there after the funeral of his father, and retired to the Abbey of Royaumont before his coronation at Reims January 6, 1286. In 1742, nine semi-circular towers defending the ditches, and the castle remains in the royal domain until the Revolution. Mr. Coulon, cotton spinner, owner after 1789, demolished several rounds. The current castle was built in the same location, probably after 1835.
To go to the Castles, the events, the shows, the tourism, the dungeons, the remains,....