|Graphic restitution of Domain|
|Graphic restitution of Castle|
The castle of Meudon is a castle located in Meudon in the French department of Hauts-de-Seine. It was the residence of Louvois then Bishop said the Grand Dauphin. Burned in 1795 (old castle) and 1871 (New Castle), New Castle, whose demolition had been planned, is transformed into an observatory in 1876 before being attached to the Paris Observatory in 1927.
On the edge of a wooded plateau, the site offers views of the Seine and Paris. Located between Paris and Versailles, in the heart of an abundant supply of hunting, enjoying an ideal topography for large gardens, it enjoyed beautiful features from its owners.
The whole domain is the subject of a classification as historical monuments since 12 April 19721.
Hangar called "Y building" in the park Chalais-Meudon been the subject of a classification as historical monuments since June 4, 20001.
There are few sources on the origin of the castle, with a few names of lords from the twelfth century and the mention of a manor of Val de Meudon in the fourteenth century.
The fiefdom of Meudon is purchased in 1426 by William Blood, valet Charles VII and treasurer of the Duke of Burgundy. The manor is demolished in 1520 by Antoine Sanguin who built a square building of brick and stone floor with an roof spaces to dormer windows. He brightened the Italian pilasters, headbands and stone surround.
Antoine Blood donated the castle in 1527 to his niece Anne Pisseleu mistress of Francis. To better accommodate his mistress, he began to add two square pavilions and two wings terminated with identical houses. These expansions comply with the style of the main building. In Ecouen style (The Castle of Ecouen) is added to the pavilions overhanging corner turrets.
Read more... http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_de_Meudon
The graphic refunds from the association restore Meudon
To go to the Castles, the events, the shows, the tourism, the dungeons, the remains,....