The Castle of Mauvières is located in Saint-Forget, in Yvelines department, not far from Chevreuse, in the middle of the Valley of Chevreuse.
The first known lord of Mauvières mentioned in 1179, is Bernard de Malverius. The fief is given Ramond de La Rivière de La Martigue in the second half of the fourteenth century, in gratitude for his help against the British to resume Bergerac. He give meadows adjacent to Mauvières the name of Bergerac.
In 1582, the estate was bought by Savinien de Cyrano. His grand-son, is engaged in the company of Nobles Musketeers Gascon, he becomes Cyrano de Bergerac. In 1857, the Duchess of Lesparre receives the domain by donation. The last, then passes by the succession to the Count Jacques de Bryas ...