Originally, in 1226, we find instead of Castle, a stronghold which defended the route from Paris to Switzerland. It was not until the late sixteenth century to the domain owner since 1562, Raoul Moreau, Treasurer of the Savings to build the lodge. He sold the castle in 1625 natural son of King Charles IX and Marie Touchet, Charles de Valois, Duke of Angoulême. he brought profound changes, giving the appearance that we him know today, and designed the park. He also built the two pavillion of entry: the library, the dining room Louis XIII, the two wings, the Gallery of Battles and the Gallery of the Passage. It is also he who diverted the road going in a straight line behind the castle.