The castle, built in the town of Boutigny sur Essonne in the heart of the forest of Fontainebleau, which already existed in 1479, is known in the accounts of King Louis XI under the name "Home of the King", but the party that still subsisted was razed in 1962 by its owner, a real estate company visibly unscrupulous.
At the end of the Middle Ages the castle was lord of Courdimanche. King Louis XI, 1480, gave it to his barber and friend, Olivier Le Daim order to edify a beautiful house, called "Park Vaires." A lordship which he enjoyed because his property was seized and hanged himself in 1484, at the death of king.
Charles VII would come hunting several times and then, in 1498, Louis XII (Duke of Orleans), allowed the acquisition by the lords of the castle of La Grange in Sologne and the "Hurault" became lords of Bélesbat.
The arms of the family of Jean Hurault appear on the gate of the castle entrance: "Gold on the azure cross billeted of four shadows of sunshine of maw."
It was during this period of possession by the Hurault that the Belesbat name was associated with that of Michel de l'Hospital, an apostle of tolerance, which, Grand Chancellor of France, was refered by Queen Catherine de Medicis in 1560 attempt to reconcile unsuccessfully Huguenots and Catholics.