The castle of Anet is a Renaissance castle, built in the town of Anet in Eure-et-Loir, the castle was commissioned by Henry II to Diane de Poitiers.
Built under the direction of Philibert Delorme (architect), Jean Goujon (sculptor) and Jean Cousin (painter).
Declared national property, she was sold Sept. 5, 1797. The purchaser blew up at the mine the central body and the right slice.
Remains today the left slice of the castle. Some fragments of architecture and sculpture, were purchased at demolisher by Alexandre Lenoir, who transported them to Paris to feed the Museum of French Monuments (then located in present School of Fine Arts), in particular the portico of a figure of Diana, a deer and four dogs (which occupied the court of Fine Arts before being moved back to Anet).
This ornament was originally a automaton: deer shook his head and the dogs was moving the left hind paw. Today, this porch is made of resin and therefore static. The original was melted to the Revolution.
The chapel was restored in 1840 by the architect Auguste Caristie. In 1860, the castle belongs to Ferdinand Moreau.
Read More... http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_d%27Anet