The name of this tower is often attributed to the castle ruins which it is. This building defense is probably built in 1127 by Louis VI along Yèvre-le-Châtel and Moret, following a revolt by Viscount Gâtinais. It is in this dungeon quadrangular died in 1531, Louise of Savoy, mother of Francis. At that time, the protection system is already archaic. The fortress and the walls are probably dismantled under Henry IV, leaving the city open. The tower is surrounded by a park of 3000 m2, in which there are two wash restored nineteenth-century, including painted by Asai Chu Japanese. These gardens are restored as they were in the nineteenth century when Jean-Baptiste Corot and Carl Larsson painted them.