The castle of La Houssaye, located in La Houssaye-en-Brie, Seine-et-Marne, was very probably built at the end of the feudal period, the late 13th century. This time, there are only two corner towers. The tower is of the 15th century.
Offset the southeast corner and surrounded by wide moats, the castle seems isolated from removing dependencies around him. The back of the renaissance era while the façade opening onto the courtyard relates more to the time Henri IV and Louis XIII.
A park of about 60 hectares surrounding the castle. It is in this park that lies Gabrielle Irach, the first wife of Marshal Augereau.
Between 1522 and 1988, about 470 years, the castle has had no fewer than 23 owners, only 10 per estate. Neglected by successive owners, it is only from 1781, with Baron Gigault Crisenoy, it really took life. It remained in the family until 1801, when Marshal Augereau, Duke of Castiglione, acquired it. The Emperor Napoleon spent several nights.
In 1817, the Marshal's death, his wife, Adelaide Chavange sells the castle to Mr. Becker, agent of the King of Denmark, who in turn sells to his son Felix Mimont. The castle remained in the family until 1920. At that time, it was bought by a logging company and is abandoned.
Read More... http://www.lahoussaye.csime.eu/pages/edito.php?crub=0301&rub=Histoire&page=