Castle Fleury-en-Bière is located in the town ds Fleury-en-Biere, in the department of Seine-et-Marne. In 1550, Cosimo Clausse, Secretary of Finance and royal secretary of state Henry II acquired the lordships of Fleury and Courances. He chose immediately to rebuild the old castle and loads the master mason Gilles Le Breton to perform two residential wings at right angles. The first building is three-fifths of the present castle.
Clad in brick, the facade is enhanced rubble sandstone bands, which emphasize the rhythm of the bays. The north wing dates from 1553 and was raised by the son of the architect, Simon Guillain and Jean Saulvaige. It houses two superimposed galleries joining an old square corner tower. Pierre Lescot, architect of the Louvre, is involved in the management of the site from 1553. He is the designer of the scheduling of the majestic forecourt, inspired by the court of Fontainebleau. In 1770, Jerome Argouges new owner undertakes modernization and completion of the castle.
Read more... http://fr.topic-topos.com/chateau-fleury-en-biere