Castle Milly-la-Forêt is a French castle located in the town of Milly-la-Forêt, in the ancient province of Gâtinais today the department of Essonne and the Ile-de-France, fifty-one miles southeast of Paris.
Built in the twelfth century by the lords of Milly, the castle was destroyed during the siege of the British in 1432.At the end of the fifteenth century to 1475, owned by Admiral Louis Malet de Graville, the castle was rebuilt and magnified. What was then the dungeon became the châtelet of entry, the drawbridge was replaced by a stone bridge and a final grid closed access between the north tower defense and the governor's house. square courtyard was surrounded by a wall and had in the center a chapel dedicated to Saint Valentine.
The southern walls were destroyed to leave room for parterres and canals fed by the diversion of the river.
The castle was successively owned by Hugh III of Bouville, Olivier V de Clisson, Jean II de Montmorency, Jean-François de Faudoas Averton, Marc-Antoine Front Beaupoil de Saint-Aulaire and Pierre Marie Lau's Allemans
Read more... http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_de_Milly-la-For%C3%AAt
To go to the Castles, the events, the shows, the tourism, the dungeons, the remains,....