The Castle of d'Ormesson
● Boissy-Saint-Léger, the Castle of GrosBois
Grosbois, which is named after the great forests that surrounded him, belongs originally to the royal domain, until Philip Augustus donate it to the abbey of St. Victor in Paris in 1190. In 1480, it belongs to Peter Hardy, who owns house and farm. Purchased in 1563 by Raoul Moreau, he is brought as a dowry for his daughter to his son Nicolas de Harley, Baron de Sancy ...
To go to Boissy-Saint-Léger,
* In RER
From Paris, take the RER A towards Boissy Saint Leger, get off at Boissy.
* In Car
Quai de Bercy, Take the ramp to A3/A6/Périphérique/Porte Bercy / Charenton, Stay in right lane and continue on to A4, Stay in right lane and follow A4/Metz/Nancy/Marne-la-Vallée / Créteil, Continue on the ramp and join A4, take exit A86 towards A6/A10/Sénart/Créteil, Turn right onto A86, take exit 23 to Provins / Troyes / Bonneuil / Valenton Stay on the line of left onto N406, N19 Exit, turn left on Rue de Paris, take the second left and stay on Temple Street, Take the 1st right and stay on Haberdasher Street, Boissy Saint Léger.
● Ormesson sur Marne, the Castle of Ormesson
In 1758, the son of Henry Ormesson, Francis of Paola Marie Le Fevre Ormesson (1710-1775), member of the royal council of finance, is a marquis by Louis XV, then becoming Amboile Ormesson. The marquisate includes, besides the manors and lands of the former Amboile, those Noiseau, Chennevières and Bordes, and part of La Queue-en-Brie. The new Marquis uses the architect Antoine Matthieu Le Carpentier (1709-1773) to make changes and embellishments to the family home ...
To go to Ormesson,
* In RER
From Paris, take the RER A towards Boissy Saint-léger, down to Ormesson.
* In Car
Quai de Bercy, Take the ramp to A3/A6/Périphérique/Porte Bercy / Charenton, Stay in right lane and continue on to A4, stay in right lane and follow A4/Metz/Nancy/Marne-la-Vallée / Créteil, continue on the ramp and join A4, take exit 4 for N4 towards Saint-Maur/Joinville, join D4, slight right to stay on D4, at the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Av Pinched from Vent/D185
Continue to follow D185, ormesson.
● Vincennes, the Castle of Vincennes
The castle of Vincennes is originally a hunting lodge built for Louis VII the Younger in the forest of Vincennes, of which mention is made from 1162. This is the starting point of what would become over the centuries one of the most beautiful castles of the royal domain.
In 1183, his son Philip Augustus (1165-1223) had built a mansion instead of the modest hunting lodge, and is close to the domain walls. The first major developments, which were to transform the mansion into a fortified castle, the nerve center of royal power, dating from the reign of Saint Louis (1226-1270) ...
To go to Vincennes,
* In RER, in metro
From Paris, take the RER A towards Boissy Saint Léger and get off at Vincennes
Line 1, direction Chateau de Vincennes
* In Car
At Porte Dorée, take the avenue Daumesnil towards the wood of Vincennes, Vincennes to go straight, turn left opposite the castle, turn right twice.
The visitables Castles in the other departments:
- 91, Essonne Department
- 92, Hauts-de-Seine Department
- 93, Seine Saint-Denis Department
- 78, Yvelines Department