|The Castle of Farcheville|
● Angerville, the Castle of Dommerville
Built from 1777 to 1782 by the Marquis of Hallot, lieutenant general of the armies of the king. Oriented towards the plain, the castle consists of a central body flanked by two wings. The left houses two dining rooms and two staircases. The right wing was used as orangery. An avenue of chestnut trees, 250 meters long, leads to the half-moon, closed by a grid of 35 meters above the forecourt of the courtyard. Among the common kitchens only have survived. The stables have disappeared in a fire in 1910. Used as a farm building in 1869, the castle was bought in 1963. The exterior has been restored respecting the original architecture ...
To go to Angerville,
* In RER
From Paris, take the TER Paris-Austerlitz-Orléans, get off at Angerville.
* In Car
From Paris by Highway South (A6 Porte d'Orleans).
Turn right ETAMPES by N20.
Out of 15 kilometers from ANGERVILLE ETAMPES.
The Castle Dommerville is 0.5 kilometers from the exit. Follow the signs.
Provance in Paris-Porte d'Orléans, after 50 minutes.
● Athis-Mons, the Castle of Avaucourt
Avaucourt Castle was built around 1890 on the foundations of the old feudal castle. It was the seat of a fief belonging to different families of gentry, including the family of Avaucourt, name of Breton origin, which gave its name to the building. In 1929, the family Chodron de Courcel, one of whose members was Mayor of Athis-Mons for almost forty years, sold the castle to the town which is located the town hall.
To go to Athis,
* In RER
From Paris, take RER C in direction of Juvisy, get off at Athis-Mons.
* In Car
Quai de Bercy, Take the ramp to A3/A6/Périphérique/Porte Bercy / Charenton, Stay in left lane and follow Orly Airport / Lyon / Device Interior / Quai d'Ivry / Porte d'Italie to join the ring road , automatic Radar 1.1 km, take exit 6B towards A10/Bordeaux/Nantes/Lyon/Évry/Aéroport Orly-Rungis, Take the exit left onto A106 towards Orly Airport, take the left exit to join N7 towards Evry / Paray-Vieille-Poste / Athis-Mons, automatic Radar to 1.8 km, Turn slight left onto Av Francois Mitterrand, Continue straight onto N7, turn left on Av Sembat / Continue to follow D118 D118, cross the roundabout, turn right on Av Jean Pierre Bénard, Take the 1st right and stay on Rue Léon Bourgeois.
● Ballancourt sur Essonne, the Castle of Grand Saussay
Existing construction XIV century in this location is burned by the Spaniards during the siege of Corbeil in the sixteenth century. The current set is constructed during the reigns of Henri IV and Louis XIII, then remodeled in the eighteenth century. This building, located in front of another identical main building, was built between 1602 and 1622 and expanded in the nineteenth century. One end includes Chappelle. The sandstone façade is embellished with a decorative brick pointing élévationn the second level and the window frames. The main span is decorated in the eighteenth century by a pediment decorated with the emblem of Bragelonne, crowning two pillars of monumental order. The whole is surmounted by a slate roof.
To go to Ballancourt,
* In RER
From Paris, take the RER D toward Malesherbes, get off at Ballancourt, to the castle, at the eastern entrance of Ballancourt, take the turning left towards La Ferte Alais and "Castle Saussay", 1 km away, turn right to "Castle Saussay"
At the memorial take 2 times left to "Castle Saussay" then cross the village and you arrive at the gate of the castle.
* In Car
Porte de Bercy, the Marshals Join Boulevards / Bd Poniatowski, Turn left onto the ramp to A6/A13/Rouen/Aéroport Orly / Device Interior / Ponte Italian / Quai d'Ivry, Join Bd Device, Automatic Radar to 950 m , exit 6B towards A10/Bordeaux/Nantes/Lyon/Évry/Aéroport Orly-Rungis, slight left to stay on A6B (signs A6/E15/Évry/Lyon/Chilly-Mazarin) Continue on A6 , speed camera at 2.5 km, take exit 9 to Villabé / Evry / Mennecy, slight left to D260, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto D260, at the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto D26 , At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto Route Montauger/D153
Continue to follow D153, cross the roundabout At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Av Villeroy/D153, At the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Boulevard Charles de Gaulle/D191
Continue to follow D191, Go through 2 roundabouts At the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Rue de Chevannes/D74.
● Bouville, the Castle of Farcheville
The construction of the castle began in 1291 for Hugh II de Bouville, chamberlain of Philip the Fair. The chapel was built soon after the laying of the foundation stone of the castle, its presence is attested in 1321 and 1350. The murals that decorate it are from that time. The Lordship of Bouville was purchased in 1367 by Maximilian Jappin, counsel and secretary to the king, before being acquired in 1407 by the family of Chatillon, which preserves for over two centuries. At the time of acquisition, the domain includes the fortress of plain Farcheville. The Chastillon is anxious to show their independence, the officers of Etampes can not exercise jurisdiction on matters of Bouville. .
(Source, mayor of Bouville)
To go to Bouville,
* In RER
From Paris, take the RER C towards Saint-Martin d'Etampes Etampes and get off at, then take bus CARS THE BLUE 284-04 Direction to La Ferte Allais Bouville.
* In Car
Quai de Bercy, take the ramp to A3/A6/Périphérique/Porte Bercy / Charenton,
Stay in the left lane and follow Orly Airport / Lyon / Device Interior / Quai d'Ivry / Porte d'Italie to join Bd device, take exit 6B towards A10/Bordeaux/Nantes/Lyon/Évry/Aéroport Orly-Rungis, Bear right on E50 (signs A10/E5 / Palaiseau / Stamps / Bordeaux / Nantes / A ntony / Massy / Longjumeau) Join A10 speed camera at 2.6 km, take exit 5 left onto of Etampes / Orleans / The Ville-du-Bois/Linas-Montlhéry, Join D2020
Speed cameras to 3.9 km, take D191 towards Etampes / Saint-Pierre / Guinette / Pithiviers / Malesherbes, turn left on Av Coquerive/D191, Continue to follow D191, cross the roundabout, take slight right onto D837, turn left on Rue de la Mairie/D545, Bouville.
● Chamarande, the Castle of Chamarande
Built at the initiative of Pierre Mérault, farmer of the salt tax under Louis XIV, the current castle Chamarande is a perfect example of the architecture of Louis XIII style playing on the colors red, white and blue of the different materials. It consists of a main body preceded by two flags, one of which houses the chapel. Among the most representative owners have succeeded in Ornaisons Clair Gilbert, the first valet of Louis XIV, Louis de Talaru, First Butler Louis XV and the Duke of Persigny, interior minister of Napoleon III .
To go to Chamarande,
* In RER
From Paris, take the RER C towards Saint-Martin d'Etampes, get off at Chamarande. From here, the road a little to the left front of the station for 15 Mns.
* In Car
Porte d'Orleans or Porte d'Italie, dir. A10 Bordeaux / Nantes and Stamps / Bordeaux / Nantes
N20, dir. etampes / Orleans, exit Étréchy/Chamarande
● Courances, the Castle of Courances
In 1552, Como Clausse, notary and secretary of the King, the family acquires a stately home Lapite Courances located at the western edge of the forest of Fontainebleau. At his death in 1558, the land is attributed to his youngest son Peter, secretary of the Chamber of Accounts, and then to his grand-son Francis, who sells in 1622 to Claude Gallard, notary and secretary of the King.
This is probably Claude Gallard who built a castle plan "H" high on a square platform surrounded by a moat, known by engravings of Israel and Israel Henriet Sylvestre (1650).
In the eighteenth century, the castle was put up to date first by Anne-Catherine Gallard, widow of Nicolas Potier de Novion, who opens the courtyard by demolishing the wall and the entrance portico, and its granddaughter of Philippine-Novion Leontine and her husband Aymar de Nicolay that modernize the castle (1775-1777) by opening new windows and by adding a large pediment on each facade.
To go to Courances,
* In RER
From Paris, take the RER D toward Evry, Evry, or get off at Evry. From there, take bus No. 284-006 blue towards Oncy of school, get off at Castle (Courances).
* In Car
A6 motorway, exit 13 Milly-la-Foret, then follow Courances (5 km).
● Courson, the Castle of Courson
Originally Lamoignon family home, the castle remained in the same family since the eighteenth century. Its historic park was designed in the style of a formal student of Le Notre in the eighteenth century. During the nineteenth century, the gardens have been redesigned twice, once in 1820 for the Duke of Padua by the landscape architect Louis-Martin Berthault and again in 1860 by brothers Denis and Eugène Bühler.
The field of Courson is labeled "Remarkable Garden". Since 1982, the website is blossoming Day is held during the 3rd weekend of October, and since 1987, the 3rd weekend in May The castle houses many artifacts and paintings dating from the First and Second Empire
To go to Courson,
* En RER
From Paris, take the RER C direction Dourdan-la-Foret, get off at Dourdan. Take ligne Trans-Essonne 39-05 C and get off at Courson-Montloup.
* In Car
Porte de St Cloud, Pont de Sèvres, take N118 towards Nantes / Bordeaux, exit # 14 (Les Ulis / Chartres RN), and N446 to Marcoussis and D3 to Dourdan, follow signs "Chateau and Park Courson".
● Dourdan, the Castle of Dourdan
Dourdan was one of the strongholds of Hugh the Great who built a Chastelet tenth century where he died in 956. This Chastelet lasted long enough for Louis VII (1120-1180) as does, say, one of his hunting lodge.
Between 1220 and 1222, a new castle was built at the request of Philip Augustus to the location of the Capetian castle. Castle the most successful of Philip Augustus, it shows the characteristics of Philippians castles of the time, comparable to the castles of Gisors or Angers and to a lesser extent in the Louvre. Characteristic of military architecture of that time it was built on a square, protected by corner towers and a dungeon alone. The castle was surrounded by a moat that separated the dungeon also.
To go to Dourdan,
* In RER
From Paris, take RER C in direction of Dourdan-la-Forêt, get off at Dourdan.
* In Car
From Paris Vanves, turn left Boulevard Adolphe Pinard, Device Exterior A6/Aéroport to Orly / Lyon slightly left, then A6A (signs A10/Bordeaux/Nantes/Lyon/Aéroport Orly / Rungis) speed camera at 1.6 km, Turn slight right onto A10 (signs E5/E50/Palaiseau/Étampes/Bordeaux/Nantes/Massy/Longjumeau) and take exit 10 to Dourdan St-Arnoult-en-Yvelines.
● Méréville, the Castle of Méréville
A very primitive mansion was built in the sixteenth century. Partly ruined, it was bought in 1688 and rebuilt by Pierre Delpech (1642-1712), Marquis of Méréville in 1709, adviser to the king who had several children, including Jean Delpech (1671-1737) and Paul Delpech (1682 - 1751), the first, which was built in 1724 the Hotel de La Tour du Pin, rue Vieille-du-Temple, did develop the castle in Renaissance style, opening windows and adding a pediment on the west facade. To the west of the park planted an avenue of honor leading to the main courtyard was fitted and the rear was added to the French garden during June, which was then acting channel
To go to Méréville,
* In RER
From Paris, take the RER C towards Saint-Martin d'Etampes, get off at Etampes. From there take the bus towards CEAT 10-21 Méréville station, get off at station Méréville
* In Car
From Paris Vanves, turn left Boulevard Adolphe Pinard, Device Exterior A6/Aéroport to Orly / Lyon slightly left, then A6A (signs A10/Bordeaux/Nantes/Lyon/Aéroport Orly / Rungis) speed camera at 1.6 km, Turn slight right onto A10 (signs E5/E50/Palaiseau/Étampes/Bordeaux/Nantes/Massy/Longjumeau) and exit 5 on the left towards Etampes / Orleans / the Ville-du-Bois/Linas- Montlhéry Join D2020, speed camera at 3.9 km, take exit D18, direction Monnerville / Pussay / Méréville, turn right on D18, right, take the first exit on the pavement nine D18, turn right on rue de Madeleine D18, take the first left and stay on Avenue du General de Gaule/D18, turn right on path Larris, turn slight right to continue the path of Larrea.
● Saint Germain-en-Laye, the old Castle or Castle of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, the Castle of du Val
- The Old Castle, Castle-Museum (National Museum of Archaeology)
The Castle of Saint-Germain-en-Laye (French pronunciation: [ʃɑto də sɛ̃ ʒɛʁmɛ̃ ɑ̃ lɛ]) is a royal palace in the commune of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, in the département ofYvelines, about 19 km west of Paris, France. Today, it houses the Musée d'Archéologie Nationale (National Museum of Archaeology)
Read More....: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_de_Saint-Germain-en-Laye
- The Castle of Val
The castle of Val is a French Castle of the seventeenth century classic style located in the commune of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, at the northern end of the Grand Terrace, which is located in the department of Yvelines and the region of Ile-de-France. It was originally a hunting lodge built by the architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart for Louis XIV on the site of a former royal hunting lodge of Louis XIII.
To go to Saint-Germain en Laye,
* In RER
From Paris, take the RER A towards Sain-Germain-en-Laye, get off at Saint-Germain en Laye. From there, to go to Castle of Val, take line 02 towards Maisons-Lafitte and down to the castle of Val.
* In Car to the Old Castle (Castle of Saint-Germain-enLaye)
From Paris Porte de Saint-Cloud, take the beltway (Boulevard Périphérique), right onto the ramp to A13 / rouen/Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines/Versailles, continu onto E-5 (A13 signs to Rouen / Saint-Quentin en Yvelines / Versailles) continue on A13, take exit 6 for N186 towards Saint-Germain enLaye / Marly-le-Roi/Le Chesnaie / Versailles Notre Dame, stay right and follow to join Saint-Germain/Louveciennes/Marly N186, continue on N13, take slightly to the left of Avenue du General Leclerc/D284, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Avenue Gambetta, turn left onto rue Thiers, stay on the right lane to Place Charles-de-Gaulle, place André Malraux turn right and the place André Malraux become Place Charles de Gaulle, at right, the Castle.
* In Car to the Castle of Val
From Paris Porte de Saint-Cloud, take the beltway (Boulevard Périphérique), right onto the ramp to A13 / rouen/Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines/Versailles, continu onto E-5 (A13 signs to Rouen / Saint-Quentin en Yvelines / Versailles) continue on A13, take exit 6 for N186 towards Saint-Germain enLaye / Marly-le-Roi/Le Chesnaie / Versailles Notre Dame, stay right and follow to join Saint-Germain/Louveciennes/Marly N186, continue on N13, take slightly to the left of Avenue du General Leclerc/D284, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Avenue Gambetta, turn left onto rue Thiers, turn right on rue de Pontoise, then in line Avenue des Loges and first right, D157 Route de Maisons-Lafitte all right to the junction take all right route Forestière des Brancas and stop at 200 meters, to take Avenue du Val, the Castle is at 150 meters at right...
● Saint-Jean de Beauregard, The Castle of St-Jean de Beauregard
The start of construction of the castle dates from 1612, at the request of François Dupoux, Advisor to the King. After some change of ownership, it is still inhabited today.
The name "Beauregard" comes, as usual, from the point view of the castle terraces on the valley Salmouille, the panorama is the best given his eyes for the first occupant.
To go to Saint-Jean de Beauregard,
* In RER
From Paris, take the RER B to Saint-Remy-les-Chevreuse, get off at Orsay. From there take the bus 06-03 or 06-05 toward the mall and get 2 for Ulis there. At the end of the span 12 of the shopping mall parking lot, take the subway which runs under the road to the village of Saint-Jean de Beauregard, straight through the village, the castle is 1 km from the stop the bus.
During the festival of perennials, a free shuttle service provides transportation from the station to Saint-Jean de Beauregard and back.
* In Car
From Paris, porte de Gentilly, Take the west direction on Boulevard Kellermann take at left to Avenue Pierre de Coubertin, turn right to take the Beltway (Le Boulevard Périphérique) Aéroport Orly/A4/A3/Bordeaux/Nantes/Lyon/Périphérique extérieur/Gentilly, and join the A6a direction at left,
stay on the right lane and follow E05/E50/Palaiseau/Etampes/Bordeaux-Nantes/Massy/Longumeau, after rungis, take A10 to Chartres/Orléans, take output 9 to join D118 in direction Les Ulis, at roundabout, take the third D35, at roundabout, take the third output on route de Montjay, continue all right Grande Rue, turn left to stay on Grande Rue, continue Rue du Château, then Castle of Saint-Jean-de-Beauregard at 400 meters.
● Villeconin, the Castle of Villeconin, the Castle of La Grange
It was built in 1388 for John Montagu, Superintendent of Finance, lord of Marcoussis. The buildings architecture simple and somewhat austere organized around a central courtyard and are surrounded by a moat. Inside you can admire the beautiful room Montagu and the magnificent frame warheads. The control tower of La Grange said the valley of Val-Pasquier, Souzy side, and the other dominates the whole valley of the Vixen. The remains of what was once a major fortification are choked with vegetation on the edge of a field located above the road to St. Cheron.
To go to Villeconin,
* In RER
From Paris, take the RER C direction Dourdan-la-Foret, get off at Saint-Cheron. From there, a few kilometers, for example through a Rando of St. Cheron Souzy up via the Briche Villeconin (approx 15km to reach Villeconin)
* In Car
From Paris Vanves, turn left Boulevard Adolphe Pinard, Device Exterior A6/Aéroport to Orly / Lyon slightly left, then A6A (signs A10/Bordeaux/Nantes/Lyon/Aéroport Orly / Rungis) speed camera at 1.6 km, Turn slight right onto A10 (signs E5/E50/Palaiseau/Étampes/Bordeaux/Nantes/Massy/Longjumeau), take exit 5 to the left towards Etampes / Orléans / Laville Wood / Linas-Montlhéry, join D2020, D26 exit towards Boissy Under Saint-Yon/Avrainville, turn right on road Avrainville / D26, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Boissy/D19 road, turn left on highway Villeconin / D82, turn right on large rue/D148
The visitables Castles in the other departments:
- 92, Hauts-de-Seine Department
- 93, Seine Saint-Denis Department
- 94, Val de Marne Department
- 95, Val d'Oise department
- 78, Yvelines Department