Saturday, 31 December 2011

The Visitable Castles in Hauts-de-Seine Department

The Castle of Sceaux







● Châtenay-Malabry, la vallée aux Loups, the valley of wolfs.

La Vallée-aux-Loups Chateaubriand is a good example of harmony between cultural and natural heritage in the valley of the culture of the Hauts-de-Seine.
The wooded park, Green Island, the Arboretum landscape plant unique to the collection and the house of Chateaubriand, a witness of an era and life of man, warned the botanist and travel writer, form a unit which respect the past and present, the work of man and nature.
The Valley of Wolves has the label "great garden" issued by the DRAC.

(Walks in Hauts-de-Seine)


To go to Châtenay-Malabry,

* In RER
From Paris, take RER B in direction Orsay-ville, get off at Croix de Berny and take the bus Paladin, ligne 4, in direction cimetière nouveau, get off Châtenay-Malabry

* In Car
Continue on Paul Rivet, Turn right onto Rue du Bois des Vallées, the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Rue du Carreau, At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto Av Aristide Briand, Turn right to stay Av of Aristide Briand, the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Rue Victor Vernadat, at the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Rue Fernand Fourcade, turn left on Av Pierre Brossolette, turn left on Rue du Moulin Fidel, turn right on Chemin de la Micheronne, Chemin de la Micheronne and entrance to the Parc de la Vallée aux Loups, the castle is almost straight following a path parallel to the entrance or in the park, go straight , about 40 meters the first crossroad turn left, about 40 meters, the path turns right, 20 meters at the crossroads right, 40 meters on the 2nd road junction on the left, 40 meters left and walk route 20, 25 meters Chateaubriand's house is on the left.


http://promenades.hauts-de-seine.net/vallee-aux-loups-chateaubriand

http://maison-de-chateaubriand.hauts-de-seine.net/web/chateaubriand/accueil




● Issy les Moulineaux, The castle of Princes de Conti.

The area of the princes of Conti was created in the 17th and 18th centuries. In 1681, Denis Talon, Advisor to the King and the first general counsel in Parliament, takes the initiative to build a castle whose plans are entrusted to the architect Pierre Bullet. Last surviving architectural joint of the old castle, the entrance pavilion aceuille a collection of objects and photographs telling the story of the city. One can see the particular model of the castle.

(City Hall of Issy-les-Moulineaux)


To go to Issy-les-Moulineaux,

* By métro,
Ligne 12 direction Mairie d'Issy, get off at terminus.

* In car
Take the east on the boulevard Lefebvre, Sharp left to stay on Boulevard Lefebvre, take the 1st left towards the Boulevard Victor, then turn left on Boulevard of Victor, turn right onto Avenue Ernest Renan, on Continue Place Paul Vaillant Couturier/D989
and Continue to follow D989
To the castle, according to Paul Vaillant couturier/D989, turn left onto Louis Auguste Gervais/D72A.


http://www.issy.com/

http://www.issytourisme.com/decouvrir/patrimoine/decouvrez-le-patrimoine/

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issy-les-Moulineaux




● Rueil-Malmaison,The Castle of La Malmaison

The Castle of du Bois-Préau:

A few steps from the Malmaison, another castle, in a park of 18 ha, with rare species, the Wood Awning, evokes the memory of the Emperor at St. Helena and the return of his ashes in Paris.
Many personal items from St. Helena, often very moving, draw us into the intimacy of the Emperor in exile.
Currently closed for renovation, the Château de Bois Préau should propose in the future temporary exhibitions on the ground floor and a break to relax and restore the Orangerie Park.

(Tourism Office of Rueil-Malmaison)


The Castle of La Malmaison:

Built between 1800 and 1802 by architects Percier and Fontaine from an old house of the seventeenth century, the Château de Malmaison Aquis by Josephine de Beauharnais who was looking for land around Paris, is a unique style consulate. Elegant and refined, spirit still very close to that of the eighteenth century, the interior is not the emphasis be taken later Empire style.
The National Museum of the Chateau de Malmaison to penetrate the visitor in the privacy of Bonaparte and Josephine. The fascination of the museum comes from the atmosphere and character of authenticity that he has retained.
It was inhabited by the Consulate and Josephine Bonaparte. From 1800 to 1802, he was well, with the Tuileries Palace, the seat of government of France.

(Tourism Office of Rueil-Malmaison)


To go to Rueil-Malmaison

* In RER
From Paris, take RER A in direction of Saint-Germain en Laye, get off at Rueil-Malmaison.

* In car
From la Porte Maillot, take the direction Sud-ouest to Avenue de Neuilly, then N13, then l'A14.
Or take the exit in direction of La Défense/Nanterre/Courbevoie/Puteaux, to N13, Slight left to stay on N13, turn left on Av Albert Gleizes/D9, Continue to follow D9, Bear left on the roundabout Défense/D9, Bear left on the roundabout of Defense , turn left on the roundabout to reach Défense/D9 Defense.


Castle of La Malmaison
http://www.chateau-malmaison.fr/

Castle of du Bois-Préau
http://www.musees-nationaux-napoleoniens.org/homes/home_id25127_u1l2.htm
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_de_Bois-Pr%C3%A9au




● Sceaux, the Castle of Sceaux

The area of the princes of Conti was created in the 17th and 18th centuries. In 1681, Denis Talon, Advisor to the King and the first general counsel in Parliament, takes the initiative to build a castle whose plans are entrusted to the architect Pierre Bullet. Last surviving architectural joint of the old castle, the entrance pavilion aceuille a collection of objects and photographs telling the story of the city. One can see the particular model of the castle.

(City Hall of Issy-les-Moulineaux)

To go to Sceaux,

* In RER
Ligne B direction Saint-Rémy les Chevreuses, get off at Sceaux.

* In Car
From la porte of Orleans, instead of August 25, 1944, continue Avenue General Leclerc to the roundabout take the 3rd Ave exit door of Orleans, more than the device, carry on the Avenue Aristide Briand / D920, 800 meters, turn left to continue the avenue, at 4 km turn right onto Avenue of Honour and turn left into the Avenue Notre/D77, then turn right onto Avenue Puget and Park of Sceaux.


http://domaine-de-sceaux.hauts-de-seine.net/

http://www.sceaux.fr/

http://www.parc-de-sceaux-92.net/







To go to the Castles, the tourism, the events, show in the Castles, the dungeons, the remains....

Itineraries and transport

Chapter I, the world of Castle




The visitable Castles in the other departments:

91, Essonne Department
http://chandt.blogspot.fr/2012/01/les-chateaux-visitables-en-essonne.html


93,  Seine Saint-Denis 
Department 
http://chandt.blogspot.fr/2012/02/castles-can-be-visited-in-department-of.html


94, Val de Marne 
Department
http://chandt.blogspot.fr/2012/02/castles-can-be-visited-in-department-of_11.html












No comments: