Friday, 12 August 2011
quarries and stone
A quarry near Paris:
A quarry under the Val de Grâce:
Limestone quarries in the Ile-de-France:
- Bagneux, 92
Old farm building stone, Sector hagues et bourrages
- Bazemont, 78
Old farm building stone, Sector des hagues et bourrages
- Chatillon, 92
3 quarries as a former farm building stone, one of which became in the 60's Mushroom.
- Chaville, 92
- Clamart, 92
- Etampes, 91
Old mushroom in the Faubourg Saint-Pierre.
- Herblay, 92
The quarry of the English is a former farm building stone, it has a vaulted entry.
- Ivry sur Seine
Old farm building stone, which contains the remains of the brewery Dumesnil.
- Malakoff, 92
Old farm building stone, which became a mushroom farm in the 60s.
- Méry sur Oise, 95
The quarry of Rû is the quarry of a former farm building stone
- Montrouge, 92
Old farm building stone under the cemetery
- Nanterre, 92
Old farm building stone which is a civil defense shelter of the SNCF (National Society of French Railways)
- Saint-Ouen l'Aumône, 95
Operating medieval building stone that has become the Mushroom of Clos du Roi.
There is an old cave carved by a carrier.
- Sartrouville, 78:
Old farm building stone, Sector Hague and jams
A quarry in Herblay:
- The quarries of gypsum, chalk and sand of the Ile-de-France are available on the website of the Association
CFPPHTR « Commission Française pour la protection du patrimoine Historique et Rural » " French commission for the protection of historical heritage and rural":
- The underground aqueduct of Ile-de-France are available on the website of the Association
ASEPS « Association pour la Sauvegarde et l'Etude du Patrimoine Souterrain », « Association for the preservation and study of underground heritage»
- A study of the stone industry to build Carrières sur Seine Picar conducted by the institute PICAR « Institute for the Protection and Rehabilitation of Industrial Heritage Quarries"
Extraction techniques, tools, etc ... For example:
- History of quarries and catacombs of Paris
- Books about quarries;
- Quarries in the Lutetian limestone
- The origin of the stone monuments and other cultural
Castles in Links: