Wednesday, 17 August 2011

The historic cities in Ile-de-France

Musical accompaniment

Carrières sur Seine:

Gules three stubborn carrier gold stored in fess, sustained wave of money moving from the tip, the head sewn Azure a nail of the Passion of silver flanked by two fleurs de lys too gold.

The stubborn (hammer carrier) evoke the quarrying of limestone which the town takes its name, the waves of silver, the Seine River that borders the municipality to the east, and the chief said that the village was long under the supervision of the Abbey of Saint-Denis.

Although the site is of ancient occupation, the village was officially founded in 1137 by Suger, abbot of Saint-Denis in the twelfth century, the land and to increase the income of the Abbey. Located on the slopes of the valley of the Seine-Saint-Denis Careers offered a few good alluvial soil, very fertile, and a limestone of good quality: the tying up. The village also took the name of Carrières-Saint-Denis because of the many limestone quarries who were exploited, until the nineteenth century.

Always under the supervision of the Abbey of Saint-Denis, however, the village won autonomy from its neighbors such as coal or Montesson and saw its territory claimed by the records of 1479, 1633 and 1728. Carrières-Saint-Denis was hunting ground of kings Henry II and Henry IV, and under the old regime, supposed place of residence of Louise de la Valliere, mistress of Louis XIV, according to a persistent oral tradition.

An edict of June 1787 the parish erected Carrières-Saint-Denis in the city and finally, the Act of June 10, 1791 prescribing the disposition of the communal property of the Church, succeeded in separating the village from the Abbey of Saint-Denis . For the first time, Carrières-Saint-Denis took the name of Carrières-sur-Seine (it definitely did not acquire that name until the early twentieth century).

Carrières sur Seine knew until the 1960's relatively slow growth of its population, to inverse of Chatou or coal. The main reason is that it is outside of the access roads to Paris, and thus away from the main currents of urbanization. If the delay of urbanization is closing very quickly now, the city still offers a historic center of old town country atmosphere makes it a pretty unique place at a short distance from the capital.

- The History of the City


Azure in three lilies in gold, the head of the AU Silver UN responsible for two-headed rooster issuant natural.

Versaillesis a French commune, located in the department of Yvelines and the region Île-de-France. Artificial city, created out of whole cloth by the will of King Louis XIV, Versailles was the seat of political power for a century, from 1682 to 1789 before becoming the cradle of the Revolution.

After losing its status as a royal city, it became the capital of a department of the Seine-et-Oise in 1790 and that of Yvelines in 1968, and a bishopric. Today a city of residential and commercial suburbs of Paris, known especially for its castle and its gardens, national museum, monument in the world heritage list of Unesco and leading tourist destination ...

For further ...

- The Castle

- The History of the City

- The city in the 19th century:


Fontainebleau is located southeast of the department. The municipality, which covers 17,205 hectares, is the largest of the Ile-de-France, and is almost entirely covered with a forest that also extends over several neighboring municipalities (25 000 hectares in total) . This forest is a promenade for Parisians, and especially the very rough terrain and its many rocks make it a place well known for sport climbing.

Greater melunaise is at the northern edge of the forest, and north-west there is Barbizon, a village famous for the many impressionist painters who spent their lives. Various parts of the forest are covered with silica (quartz) in the rough. Many softwood plantations conducted by the National Forest have been criticized by some who feel it has undermined the diversity of its ecosystem, rather originally based hardwood ...

For further ...

- The Castle

- The History of the City

- The History of the city in the 19th Century:


Party to the dexter half of sand to saltire money moving partition, sinister trio in fess, with a golden deer bypassed the natural, two mouths to ram silver and three silver oak Vert; in abyss blue with three golden lilies broke a stick died Gules

Rambouillet is one of the sub-prefecture of the Yvelines, in the south of the department and in the heart of the Île-de-France.

Medium-sized city surrounded by forest with the same name, located 50 km southwest of Paris, Rambouillet is in the center of a vast common with 20 000 hectares of forest and 500 ha of farmland.

The current mayor is Gérard Larcher, former Minister for Employment, Labour and Professional Integration of Youth in Government Dominique de Villepin. He regained his seat in July 2007 in place of Jean-Frédéric Poisson (UMP-FRS) and re-elected in the first round of the 2008 municipal election.

Its inhabitants are called Rambolitains, its colors are green and white.
The town of Rambouillet is located on a wooded plateau about 160 meters above sea level, where many streams originate feeding the rivers that radiate around the massif of Rambouillet. This is especially true of Guéville Trib to Drouet, who rises in the castle grounds ...

For further ...

- The Castle

- The History of th City

- The city in the 19th Century:


Ecouen is a city of Val-d'Oise Île-de-France about 7300 inhabitants (2004), located about 19 ​​km north of Paris and 15 km from Roissy-Charles de Gaulle. its inhabitants are called Écouen (es).
Écouen is located on the northern flank of a hill crowned by the witness-forest Écouen overlooking the plain of France, 19 km north of Paris.

The name comes from the anthroponym Scotus Gaul and Gaul Magos market.

The hill is a mound of Écouen witness overlooking the plain of France. Placed between the synclinal de Saint-Denis and the Pays de Bray anticline, it extends to the southeast valley of Montmorency which it is separated by the valley of the Little Rosner.

Ecouen is the birthplace of the famous family of Bouchard de Montmorency, who was to have a dungeon in the first centuries AD .
Its history, the Municipality has inherited a castle worthy of those of the Loire Valley, a church of the sixteenth century to the remarkable stained glass windows, a tithe barn, plus a school of painting of the nineteenth century, which are a heritage of great wealth.

For further ...

- The Castle

- The City


Azure three two-handled pots filled with flowers, all of silver, the head sewn Gules three fleurs de lys gold

Dourdan is a French commune located at forty-four kilometers southwest of Paris in the department of Essonne in the Ile-de-France. It is the capital of the canton and the headquarters of the association of municipalities in the Dourdannais Hurepoix.

Celtic village and Gallo-Roman city, and birthplace of the Capetian royal city since the tenth century, the capital of Hurepoix, Dourdan is still famous for its castle of the thirteenth century exceptionally preserved and extensive forest.

Combining historical heritage and environmental quality, situated on the outskirts of the Paris area halfway between the capital and Chartres, he has a way of life preserved and accessible, particularly appreciated by Emile Zola and Michel Audiard. Its monuments, its museum and natural areas make it a major tourist attraction of the department.
Its inhabitants are called Dourdannais.

Dourdanis located in the greater Paris area west of the department of Essonne, the region's natural Hurepoix. The town is sometimes attached to Chartres countries through its presence in the former territory of Carnutes. Its territory sprawls from 87 to 163 meters, the highest point being in the vast forest. It occupies 3064 hectares, occupied 85% of rural areas, mainly the forest of Dourdan throuht the western half, and the fields to the north and southeast of the city. The share represents urban and 15% of the country and only three hundred and eight hectares, only 10% of the total space, are built. Dourdan is the first joint Essonne watered by the river Orge ...

For further ...

- The Castle

- The History of the City


Azure cradle fleurs de lys in gold, in chief a fleur de lys and the same point of that date: 5 7bre 1638, also in gold.

These arms allude to the birth of Louis XIV in the city.

Saint-Germain-en-Laye is a city of history and culture birthplace, including King Louis XIV. Its castle and its terrace designed by Le Notre in Paris, overlooking the valley, is one of the most beautiful residences of the kings of France. Molière created there the troop of the King in 1665. Oak trees dating from the reign of Louis XIV can be seen in the forest, the jewel of our city, which extends over 3500 ha.

This rich history is not the only attraction of our city firmly focused on innovation and characterized by its quality of life.

From the earliest times, the region has been inhabited since the conditions are favorable, fertile soil, forests full of game, fish abundant in the Seine ...

The centuries pass: Gallo-Roman and Merovingian succession, particularly in the small valley of Ru Buzot, located west of the city. The family of St. Erembert saw in the seventh century, and St. Leger undergoes his martyrdom in 678. It is to atone for that crime Clotaire III had built a small shrine, around which are grouped a few houses. The place is now called "money-Saint-Léger".

When Robert the Pious the throne in 996, the love of hunting in the forest attracts Laye and he ordered the construction of a monastery in honor of Saint-Germain in Paris, in lieu of the current church of Saint-Germain.

To further ...

- The Castle

- The History of the City

- The city in the 19th Century:


Le territoire de Rueil est fréquenté depuis une période très ancienne : on a mis au jour, sur le site du Closeau, près de la Seine, une implantation datant du Mésolithique d'une peuplade azilienne (10 300 à 8 700 avant notre ère)6.

Initialement appelé Rotoialum ou Roialum, c'était un lieu de plaisir et de chasse des rois mérovingiens, du VIe siècle au VIIIe siècle.

Charles le Chauve, vers 870, donna ce domaine à l'abbaye de Saint-Denis. À la fin du XIIe siècle, les moines bénédictins construisirent une chapelle dédiée à saint Cucufa dans l’ancien bois Béranger qui deviendra après le XVIIIe siècle le bois de saint Cucufa.

En 1584 Antoine Ier de Portugal, en exil en France, habita Rueil et y posa la première pierre d'une église sur l'emplacement de l'ancienne qui tombait en ruine.

Lors de la Chevauchée d’Édouard III en 1346, Rueil a été brûlé par le Prince Noir.

Gules, a castle of Malmaison gold, open and perforated sand, backed by an azure flower hydrangea stem and leaves of vert, in canton azure charged with a capital letter N crowned gold a star is radiating the same second-class cities ...

Rueil-Malmaison is a French commune, located in the Hauts-de-Seine and the Ile-de-France. Its inhabitants are called Rueillois or Rueilloises.

To further ...

- The Castle

- The History of the City

- The city in the 19th Century:


Pontoise is a French commune, located in the Ile-de-France on the right bank of the Oise, about thirty km northwest of Paris. Capital of the department of Val-d'Oise, it hosts a sub-prefecture, the prefecture is not located in the town but in the nearby town of Cergy, which is unique in France. The city has one of the largest cities of the country and judicial seat of a Catholic diocese, detached from Versailles, in 1966. Its inhabitants are called Pontoisien (ne) s.

With over two thousand years of history, historical capital of the French Vexin, and major city of the kingdom in the Middle Ages, it was made famous in the art following the Impressionist Camille Pissarro long stay who represented in many works were distributed in the largest museums in the world. With its rich heritage, Pontoise has been awarded the City of Art and History in 2006 ...

- The History of the City

Conflans Sainte-Honorine:

Conflans-Sainte-Honorine is a commune in the Yvelines department in the Ile-de-France, France. Its inhabitants are Conflans (es).
Conflans-Sainte-Honorine is located in the north of the Yvelines at the edge of the Val-d'Oise, ten miles north of the city but not to limit municipal de Saint-Germain-en-Laye and 27 km northwest of Paris (20 km as the crow flies).
The confluence, left Oise, Seine right
The confluence, left Oise, Seine right

The town developed along the Seine, on the right bank of the river to its confluence with the Oise. Much of the terrain is a limestone plateau that overlooks a two hundred feet of water. The lower part known periodic flooding, but not disastrous.

It borders of the connection communication and Maurecourt Andrésy (which it is separated by the Oise) west of Neuville-sur-Oise and Éragny north of Herblay east and south Achères

The name "Conflans" comes from Latin, confluent, confluence. The village received the name of "Sainte-Honorine" after 1200 when the relics of the saint have been there for 876.

Conflans-Sainte-Honorine is considered the capital of French skippers. Every year in June is celebrated a festival called "Pardon National inland waterways." On this occasion, a torch lit at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Paris down the Seine with a procession of boats up to Conflans to light a large cauldron placed in front of the war memorial located in the inland water transport Pointil, confluence of two rivers. A museum is dedicated to this activity.

- The History of the City


Azure fish swimming in money, with two golden lilies, one chief and one in point, and a adextré another lily of the same movement of the side

Poissy is a French department of Yvelines, in the Ile-de-France.

The city has a long history. Capital of the tweezers under the Merovingians, it later became one of the most ancient royal cities of Ile-de-France, birthplace of King Louis IX and Philip III, before being supplanted in the fifteenth century by Saint-Germain-en-Laye.

D'azur au poisson nageant d'argent, accompagné de deux fleurs de lys d'or, l'une en chef et l'autre en pointe, et adextré d'une autre fleur de lys du même mouvant du flanc

Poissy est une commune française du département des Yvelines, dans la région Île-de-France.

La ville possède une longue histoire. Chef-lieu du Pincerais sous les Mérovingiens, elle devient par la suite l'une des plus anciennes cités royales d'Île-de-France, lieu de naissance des rois Louis IX et Philippe III, avant d'être supplantée à partir du XVe siècle par Saint-Germain-en-Laye.

It is also one of the first joint by a charter granted in 1200 by Philippe-Auguste, and important religious city until the Revolution with the convents of the Dominicans, Capuchins and Ursulines. She turns to the present day in an industrial city marked the beginning of the twentieth century by the automotive brands with successively Gregory, Matford, Ford SAF, Simca, Chrysler, Talbot and Peugeot.

It is now one of the industrial centers of Yvelines and the sixth largest city by population in the department. The inhabitants are called Pisciacais.

- The History of the City

- The city in the 19th Century


Mid-party, the first azure, a fleur de lys in gold, the second gold oak tree eradicated Vert englanté field

Mantes-la-Jolie is a French department of Yvelines and the region Île-de-France, capital namesake of the borough. It is a city industrial average, which is located on the left bank of the Seine, 53 km west of Paris.
The people are the Mantis.

The town of Mantes-la-Jolie is in the center of a town of about 100,000 inhabitants. Its territory includes two islands in the Seine, Island Alms in whole and in part to the Ladies Island, also called the island of Limay. It borders of Mantes-la-Ville and Buchelay south of Rosny-sur-Seine to the west and separated by the Seine, north-Dennemont Follainville and Limay north and east .. .

- The History of the City


Argent a cross charged with five sandy rocky knobs of gold, between four lions azure

Chevreuse is a municipality in the department of Yvelines, in the Ile-de-France, France, located 18 km northeast of Rambouillet and 28 km of Paris (Notre Dame) by road. The municipality is located in the inner boundary of Greater Paris.

The people are the buckshot.
The Church of St. Martin, twelfth century
The Church of St. Martin, twelfth century

The small town of Chevreuse is located on the edge of the department of Essonne, in the Chevreuse valley through which flows the tributary of the Barley Yvette, 28 km southwest of Paris. The municipality is included in the Regional Natural Park of the upper valley of Chevreuse, Chevreuse which hosts the headquarters.

The center, built at the bottom of the valley, is topped on the north side of the Château de la Madeleine. Several villages are around: on the road Trottigny Mesnil-Saint-Denis, Talu going towards Rambouillet, and Hautvilliers on the heights north of the Château de la Madeleine.

The town is bordered by Milon-la-Chapelle in the north-east of Saint-Remy-les-Chevreuse to the east of Boullay-les-Troux (Essonne) southeast of Choisel southwest of Forget St. to the west and Saint-Lambert northwest ...

- The History of the City


Gules, the crenellated tower of gold flanked by two towers in the shape of the same gate, the tower opened at perforated sand and charged with an escutcheon azure three fleurs de lis gold, broken in heart of a suburban strip club Gules charged with three silver lions

Etampes is a French commune located at forty-nine kilometers southwest Paris, sub-prefecture of the department of Essonne, in the Ile-de-France. It is the capital of the district and township and the headquarters of the community of communes of Étampois.

Fortified royal city since the Middle Ages, county and duchy given peerage became confined to three favorite time to time, stick to label countries and cities of art and history, Etampes reign Étampois always on the borders of the city Paris and the broad plains of Beauce. Principal city of southern Essonne, the crossroads of routes, it radiates economically and culturally in all villages and mark on the national highway 20 south entrance of the Ile-de-France, as before the royal domain. Crisscrossed by many rivers, it is sometimes called the "Little Venice" [1]. In a letter to his daughter Leopoldine dated August 22, 1834, Victor Hugo described it thus: "Stamps is a large tower on the right interview in the dusk above the rooftops of a long road [2]. "Common retaining its original charm, it served as the backdrop for various films.
Its inhabitants are called Étampois.

- The History of the City


Party: the first azure three fleurs de lys gold batting perished gules placed in bars, the second gold in the undulating snake in pale azure asked.

First Coat of Arms of the city:

In the first half of the 20th century
• In 1923 the department of Seine bought the estate of the Seals.
• In 1937 the Museum of the Ile-de-France is open to the public in the castle.
• The city is modernizing:
- Creation or completion of subdivision (neighborhood park, avenue de la République, Château de l'Amiral);
- Opening of new paths;
- Construction of the church of Saint-Stanislas Blaga;
- Marie Curie high school opened.
• On the eve of World War II, Seals reached 7500 people.

During the second half of the 20th century
• The northern part of the city urbanized: collective housing projects emerge: private groups and public housing.
• School groups are created, higher education institutions in place.
• The city acquires sports, cultural, social.
• In 1962, Seals has 19 527 inhabitants.
• In 1971, the Hauts-de-Seine became the owner of the domain of Sceaux.
• In 2003, the town of Sceaux created, with five neighboring municipalities, the urban community of Hauts de Bievre...

- The Town and the History of Sceaux[pointer]=2&cHash=da4f572842


Party gules and vert with the letter M uncial gold stitching on the left, the chief azure fleurs de lis gold

Meaux is a French, former capital of the Brie, now capital of the district department of Seine-et-Marne and part of the Ile-de-France.

Gentiles: The people are called Meaux Meldois the Meldoises. They also say the meldusiens the meldusiennes, or Miauleux (aged Brie dialect word).

* 1900 - Inauguration, March 4, the new City Hall
* 1909 - The Aerospace Park hosted the first airship Beauval military and civilian
* 1910 - Major flooding in Meaux. The Marne overflows into the streets and houses in the suburbs
* 1914 - Battle of the Marne, from September 4 to 13.
* 1920 - Fire of Vieux Moulins de Meaux, June 17 Totally destroyed, they are not rebuilt
* 1932 - Opening of the American Monument
* 1944 - Arrest and Execution of Captain Berge, head of the resistance in Meaux by the Gestapo.
* 1955 - Le Corbusier proposes to build a Meaux "radiant city of 2000 homes"

* 1964 - Official visit of General de Gaulle, President of the Republic, at Meaux.
* 1986 - Construction of the City Administrative including among others a new courthouse and a police Hotel
* March 4, 2000, inauguration of the new facade of the renovated City Hall, one hundred years to the day after the inauguration of the new City Hall.

- The History of the City


Azure fleurs-de-lis or, in the castle dungeon three silver towers of masonry sand, On top of that.

Melun Her modern name dates from the sixth century (Latin Metlosedum). Her history goes back to 52 BC (Melodunum). Savinien and holy Aspais preach the gospel in Melun from the third century.

Clovis student Melun to the rank of Duchy. He fortified the city is experiencing a revival. His wealth causing some troubles such as the Viking raids which also affect badly the city. Here to include such raids of 852 and 886.

In 991, with the complicity of the Vicomte de Melun, Eudes I of Blois seized the city belonging to Bouchard the Venerable, Count of Vendôme and Melun since his marriage to Elisabeth de Melun. Being a follower of Hugh Capet, a covenant was mounted with Nerra Fulk, son of Bouchard and Richard I of Normandy, which allowed the recovery of the city.

The first Capetian often reside in Melun while Montereau acquires a castle in 1026. When Abelard was expelled from Paris in 1138, that he just Melun continue his education. Constance of Arles, widow of King Robert II, died there in 1032.

In 1420, Melun supports a memorable siege to the English and the Burgundians. Starvation causes the fall of the city. The motto of the city (mature Fides muris usque ad) "True to the walls to eat rats." This motto is that the people of Melun resisted English during the siege by eating rats.

The department of Seine-et-Marne is formed March 4, 1790 by assembling parts of the Ile de France, Brie, Champagne and Gâtinais. Melun becomes prefecture ....

- The History of the City


Provins is a French commune, located in the department of Seine-et-Marne and the Ile-de-France. Its inhabitants are called Provinois. Provins is registered since December 13, 2001 World Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.
The city is located in the southeastern department of Seine-et-Marne (77). Brie on the board, Provins is built around a promontory at the confluence of the valley and that of Voulzie Durteint.

It is served by two stations (Champbenoist - Poigny and Provins) of the Paris - Provins (/ T / P).

Traces of occupation show a human presence on the site from the Paleolithic. Provins has especially benefited from an advantageous geographical location, used especially by the Roman military. Besides, if we are to believe the legend, his name would Provins vines of a Roman general named Probus (Probi vinum). This one, about the year 237, would have allowed their culture, despite the prohibition by Domitian.

A little later in the year 485 and after his victory at Soissons, Clovis seized the Roman castrum of Provins.

In testimony already of some importance, from the early ninth century, Charlemagne sends Missi Dominici. Further evidence of a role: Provins strikes its own currency.

Provins in the Middle Ages was one of the cities with the largest fairs of Champagne, when the city was under the protection of the Counts of Champagne. It is probably this period that left the most traces of Provins.

Today the traditional sell-off on 11 November, which takes place each year throughout the lower town, is reminiscent of those great shows of yesteryear. This traditional fair was that of Saint-Martin, which marked the beginning of the hiring period for winter seasonal agricultural workers. This show is repeated in many cities of agricultural tradition.

National Book Award medieval Provins World Heritage since 2007 is attributed to a book on a subject of the Middle Ages.

The harvest festival, the successor to the medieval festival, also reflects the cultural wealth of the country Provins. It is celebrated the last Sunday in August, and formerly marked the end of the wheat harvest, the country's large production of Brie Champagne - even if today maize, beet and oilseed rape competing for the limelight. The tanks of the harvest festival are still decorated with wheat, referring to the harvest also is often used to project a winnowing sound of passersby.

To further ...

- The Castle

- The City


Gules, a tower of two towers standing on a walkway flanked by two watchtowers, all silver, lace and masonry sand, placed on a berm as money and supported by three ball poorly ordered the same to the Head sewn azure fleurs de lys Gold

Currency: liliis lapidibus fama justitia (justice of the lilies, the fame by the stones)

Vincennes is a city of France, located in the Val-de-Marne in the eastern suburbs of Paris. Its name, by metonymy, the Bois de Vincennes, located south of the city, but that belongs to Paris. Vincennes is famous for the castle of Vincennes, who was behind the founding of the city.
The foundation of the city of Vincennes dates from the twelfth century, and is due to Louis VII, who came to hunt big game in the forest, and decided to build on the site of the existing house a palace of rest. Philip Augustus, his son and successor to the throne, enlarged the house and surrounded by a wall of the forest, he hunts reserved. A chapel was built, the chapel of the Pissotte by reference to the streams that descend from Montreuil. But really Vincennes became a major city in the reign of Louis IX, dit Saint-Louis, who liked to stay in the manor of Vincennes, made his judgments under the famous oak of the forest, and above him from his two crusades 1248 and 1269 in Vincennes. Philippe VI was the first great builder king, as the fortified manor, and decided to build the huge central keep of the castle in 1337. Charles V completed the tower in 1373, and above decided to build its huge fortifications, consisting of nine laps. In fifteen years, Charles V realized the most important military architecture from all over Europe in the fourteenth century, the castle of Valois, which is still intact today.

In 1420 the British occupation began, following the Treaty of Troyes, with the regency of King Henry V of England, who died in 1422. In 1436, Paris and Vincennes were released from the British presence. Later, Francis I complete the building of the Sainte-Chapelle, completed in 1552 by the architect Philibert de l'Orme. Cardinal Mazarin designed for ten years several projects to Vincennes and its castle, before he died in 1661. After the death of Mazarin, Louis XIV did not came to Vincennes, the court had then been transferred to Versailles.

At the end of the seventeenth century, paradoxically the city of Vincennes grew with the king's departure. The farmers settled on land made. In 1667, the Archbishop of Paris created an independent parish, the parish of Pissotte, which marked the real independence of the city vis-à-vis Paris. Was created in 1740 the porcelain manufactory of Vincennes, which was supported by careful Madame de Pompadour, the mistress of King Louis XV, before being transferred permanently to Sèvres in 1756. In 1790, the parish became the town of Vincennes.

In 1929, the town of Vincennes lost half of its area following the annexation of the Bois de Vincennes by the city of Paris.

- The History of the City


Azure fleurs de lys gold

Formely: Mount Joye St. Denys
Saint-Denis is a French commune, located in the department of Seine-Saint-Denis, Ile-de-France.

Its inhabitants are called the Dionysian: the Latin Dionysius says Denis, a derivative of the Greek god Dionysus.
Between the Porte de Paris and the Basilica, the park of the Legion of Honour House extends the education of the Legion of Honour, which occupies the buildings of the Abbey. The park was once part of the domain of the abbey before being reserved for girls of the Legion of Honour, and then becoming partly municipal park in the 1970s.

Apart from the inevitable Basilica of St. Denis, flanked by Pierre de Montreuil garden, the old center is home to several monuments of interest: Town Hall, Church of St. Denis of Estrée, Royal Abbey, porch Ursuline Convent, the Humanity newspaper's headquarters, designed by Oscar Niemeyer ...

Largest market in the Ile-de-France Tuesday, Friday and Sunday mornings, the market hall reopened in late 2006 after renovation. She now has a system for recovering rainwater for cleaning after the market, and solar panels for lighting.

The town center is pedestrian since March 11, 2005.

A historical journey in 20 stations, between the Basilica and Stade de France, gave the keys to the city's history.

The metro station Basilica Saint-Denis is in correspondence with the tramway T1, near a city supermarket.

To further ...

- Audio guide describing the Basilica Saint-Denis:

- The History of the City

Let tell you the cities and countries of Art and History, by es paths of cultural tourism (guided tours, guided discovery, Expos, Animations, etc ...)

Virtual tours of castles

Castle of Condé

Castle of Férrières

Castle of Versailles

Castle of Vaux-le-Vicomte

Castle of Fontainebleau

Castle of Houssoy

Castle of Brou

Castle of Voisins

Castle of Blandy les tours


A path to another Castles...

Other castles in Ile-de-France

Castles build, destroyed in Ile-de-France

Castles Story

Castles Fortress

L'Ile-de-France in pictures

Medieval Music:

No comments: